I’m finally getting around to cleaning up and documenting the Bitbeambot. I just posted detailed assembly instructions to Flickr.
Key technical improvements:
* Upgraded to brand new Hitec HS-311 standard servos
* Upgraded the servo mount point – it now locks very tight
into place. Previous version was very delicate and prone to slipping.
* 2 new mounting plates:
- Bitbeam leg connector plate
- Arduino mounting plate
* Upgraded all arm joints
– Removed all LEGO Technic axles and bushing
– Added 6-32 nylon rods, custom aluminum standoffs, and zinc nuts
Next up: post the final bill of materials included in the kit, publishing the OpenSCAD design files to Thingiverse and GitHub, posting instructions on how to update the bot’s Arduino sketch, and documenting how to control the robot with Python or Node.JS.